[OpenAFS] Illegal instruction

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Mon, 07 May 2007 15:37:10 +0200

Karen L Eldredge wrote:

> We are trying to configure our initial AFS server on AIX 5.3, and we are
> running the bos addkey <server> -knvo 0 -cell <cellname> -noauth, and it
> will ask for the password for afs twice.  After the entering the
> password the second time we enter and it core dumps and give the Illegal
> instruction message.  Could you help us figure out what we are doing
> wrong.  We have tried several different things without success.

Sometimes these errors disappear if you switch of optimization and
switch on "-g" during your build. Do a make clean and edit
src/config/Makefile.config to remove all "-O" and to add "-g" to XCFLAGS.

Hartmut

> Karen Eldredge
> PSD (AIX/Linux System Support)
> AIX Certified Advanced Technical Expert
> Certified System Expert - Enterprise Technical Support
> Linux Professional Institute Certified
> External:  303-924-5767 Tie line:  263-5767  Internal: 5-5767
> keldredg@us.ibm.com

Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)