[OpenAFS] renaming principals

Kim Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Mon, 07 May 2007 09:20:25 -0700

I'm missing something WRT to Open AFS ACL changes.

Why not delete the PTS user entry "unmarriedname" and create the new PTS
entry "marriedname" with the same PTS ID?

ACLs store numeric PTSID; next time ACL entry is resolved the new name
will appear, retrieved from PTS DB.

Unless we're talking about non-AFS ACLs.

Kim