[OpenAFS] Turning interfaces off

Lars Wilke lw@lwilke.de
Mon, 21 May 2007 00:59:12 +0200

* Andrew Deason wrote:
> ted creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> wrote:
>
> > I thought that afs listened only to the interface that carried the
> > host address and additional addresses could be added via the NetInfo
> > file.
>
> NetInfo/NetRestrict only affects the addresses that are advertised to
> clients, as I recall, not what addresses/interfaces we listen on.
>
> Search the archives for the '-rxbind' switch for what you want.

Basically it boils down to setting the interfaces you want the AFS
services listen on to be listed in the NetInfo file and everything
else in the NetRestrict file. Then add -rxbind to the services
in the BosConfig file.

Add the option to the fileserver, volserver, ptserver and vlserver
or whatever services you want to restrict.
The AFS clients have their own Net* files and the afsd also knows
about the -rxbind option.

hth
   --lars