[OpenAFS] Need help decoding kaserver debugging info

Brian Sebby sebby@anl.gov
Wed, 23 May 2007 19:21:32 -0500

I'm trying to eliminate kaserver here, so I added the -debug flag to the
kaserver process as mentioned in a previous thread on this list.  However,
now that I have debugging going, I'm not quite sure I understand the
different messages being written to the log.  Unfortunately, the
documentation doesn't mention what these various messages mean.

The three main messages I'm seeing are:

Wed May 23 18:54:01 2007 <account name>,afs:gtck from <hex IP>
Wed May 23 18:55:00 2007 <account name>,afs:auth from <hex IP>
Wed May 23 18:55:01 2007 <account name>,krbtgt.ANL.GOV:auth from <hex IP>

I understand that the IP address is given in hex, but could someone explain
the difference between "afs:gtck", "afs:auth", and "krbtgt.ANL.GOV:auth"?
The last one almost makes me think that that is getting a ticket from our
Kerberos 5 realm, but I didn't think that would be logged to the kaserver
log.

Thanks,

Brian

--
Brian Sebby  (sebby@anl.gov)  |  Unix and Operation Services
Phone: +1 630.252.9935        |  Computing and Information Systems