[OpenAFS] Protection database already exists

Matt kaam@dyndns.org
Wed, 23 May 2007 12:09:57 +1000

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:
>
>> Matt Chipman <matt@kaam.dyndns.org> writes:
>>

>>> I have install the test server 3 times and am getting the same error
>>> each time.  Deleting the database does not remove the error and just
>>> recreates the database files while returning the same error.
>>>

>>> what am I missing?
>>>

>> You have a BosConfig in /etc/openafs/server that's starting the ptserver
>> before it's been configured.
>>

> Or rather in /etc/openafs.
>
> Delete all of /etc/openafs/server, /etc/openafs/server-local, and
> /etc/openafs/BosConfig.

Thanks for everyones help, I fixed the problem using the above but also
had to have an entry in the hosts file on the local machine that pointed
to the NIC address rather that the address (127.0.1.1) that was entered
by the package setup.

Now that the server is setup, I cant login into it using the windows
client :( but thats a whole new series of late nights.

-Matt