[OpenAFS] AFS Fileserver Won't Start

Karl M. Davis karl@ridgetop-group.com
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 01:07:40 -0700

Found the sysid file, removed it, and rebooted.  Still have the same
problems, though.

Where might other entries be and how should I go about clearing them up?

Thanks,
Karl

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of haba@kth.se
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 12:42 AM
To: Karl M. Davis
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: RE: [OpenAFS] AFS Fileserver Won't Start

> The /etc/hosts file is correct, but I did add the second line to it
> somewhere before things went to pot:
> <<
> 127.0.0.1       localhost
> 192.168.2.6     picacho.ridgetop-group.local    picacho
> 127.0.1.1       picacho.ridgetop-group.local    picacho

I think you have to eliminate everything that resolves
127.something to picacho and the other way around. If you
have managed to get 127.something into your volume database,
all strange things may happen at once.

Volumes located on 127.0.0.1 are perfectly fine accessible
from 127.0.0.1 but of course from nowhere else.

You may need to start over by deleting your sysid file.

Harald.