[OpenAFS] gcc-4.2.1, afs-client not working

Garance A Drosihn drosih@rpi.edu
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 14:26:38 -0400

At 3:46 PM +0200 10/5/07, Hans-Werner Paulsen wrote:
>Hello,
>on i386_linux26 I compiled the kernel 2.6.22.9 and OpenAFS 1.4.4
>using the gcc 4.2.1.
>Now I get:
>           [...problems...]
>
>When I recompiled the OpenAFS software using gcc 4.1.2 everything
>is fine.
>
>Any idea or help?

See what happens if you add:    -fno-tree-vrp

to the flags used for compiling openafs.  This is just a guess on my
part, but we have seen problems with -ftree-vrp in gcc 4.2.1 on
FreeBSD-current.  And that option is turned on if -O2 is specified.
So, I guess you should also make sure that -fno-tree-vrp would be
specified after -O2.

Disclaimer: this is just a guess on my part.  It gives you something to
try, if you have some spare time.  I reserve the right to be completely
wrong!   :-)