[OpenAFS] Strange access problems on one client

Norbert Schuch norbert.schuch@googlemail.com
Sat, 6 Oct 2007 13:46:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Dirk Heinrichs-2 wrote:

> I'm currently facing strange behaviour on one client machine, which looks
> like:
>
> [...]
> heini@gondolin ~ % LANG="" ll /afs/altum.de
> ls: cannot access /afs/altum.de/music: No such file or directory

I had the same problem after compiling a new kernel. However,
I have discovered meanwhile that it is caused by the
gcc version used: The 2.6.21.1 to 2.6.21.7 kernels all do NOT
work with openafs-1.4.4 when compiled with gcc-4.2 (although
both compile, and the driver is loaded -- only the afs cannot be
accessed), whereas they work if compiled with gcc-4.0.

Regards,
Norbert