[OpenAFS] Strange access problems on one client

Norbert Schuch norbert.schuch@googlemail.com
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 14:38:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I had the same problem -- No such file or directory errors -- after
upgrading the 2.6.21 (self-compiled) kernel to the most recent Debian
sources. After some experiments, I figured out that it probably depends on
the gcc version. The new kernel has been compiled with gcc-4.2, and indeed
no kernel in the 2.6.21 series works with openafs if compiled with gcc-4.2.
If I however compile it with gcc-4.0, it works again with openafs.

So trying a different gcc version might help.

Regards,
Norbert