[OpenAFS] Re: Chronic blocked connections on fileserver

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:47:16 -0700

Will Maier <willmaier@ml1.net> writes:

> 1.4.4 has been better than 1.4.1, but we still experienced a week or so
> of badness about a week after the upgrade. Since then (ie, the last 10
> days or so), we haven't had any problems.

> As Derrick says, we'll probably want to upgrade to 1.4.5 when it's
> available. For now, I can't find any evidence of misconfigured clients,
> but I'll be sure to look harder for them next time.

We had a great deal of instability and occasional clients simply failing
to talk to certain AFS servers until we upgraded the file servers to
something close to what's in STABLE right now.  So far, so good after
that.