[OpenAFS] Publishing a FUSE file system over OpenAFS

Anthony Wright anthony@communitymesh.com
Sun, 14 Oct 2007 22:54:55 +0100

I've been interested in using OpenAFS as an alternative to NFS for a
while now, and most of the arguments in it's favour seem fairly
compelling, but i'm struggling with one issue.

I'm in the process of building a system which will use a FUSE File
System which I then want to publish over a  network. I can  clearly
understand how to do this with NFS, but  from my (limited) knowledge,
OpenAFS seems to be much more tightly bound to the underlying file
system than NFS, and I can't see how I produce a FUSE file system, and
then access that file system through an OpenAFS client.

Is this something that can be done under OpenAFS and if so how? If not
is there an OpenAFS API similar in concept to FUSE that would allow a
user mode program to publish a file system over OpenAFS?

If the answer to these two questions is no, does this mean I've found
out a way in which NFS is better than OpenAFS? ;-)

Many thanks,

Tony Wright.