[OpenAFS] Server-side Antivirus

Smith, Matt Smith, Matt" <matt.smith@uconn.edu
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:08:49 -0400

--=-7Ef6sHUV3Pa+rZanlrcm

Thank you for the responses.  I was guessing that there were not many
options for AFS-aware AV products.  So, let me ask then about best
practice.  What do you all do to keep viruses out of cell?

* Assume all accessing workstations have up-to-date AV ?
* Some network layer AV/IDS ?  I'm guessing none of these are AFS aware
either.
* Scheduled scans of the entire AFS space ?
* Carry a lucky 4-leaf clover?

Thank you,
-Matt

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 10:52 -0400, Smith, Matt wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a server-side Antivirus product that provides
> real-time (on write) server-side virus detection on my FS servers?  My
> AFS servers are all Debian Etch.
>=20
> Thank you,
> -Matt Smith
>=20
--=20
Matt Smith
matt.smith@uconn.edu
University Information Technology Services (UITS)
University of Connecticut
PGP Public Key: http://web.uconn.edu/dotmatt/matt.asc

--=-7Ef6sHUV3Pa+rZanlrcm

--=-7Ef6sHUV3Pa+rZanlrcm--