[OpenAFS] Publishing a FUSE file system over OpenAFS

Anthony Wright anthony@communitymesh.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:29:09 +0100

I realise that using FUSE would add a whole layer of inefficiency but
it's a clean, well defined API to write to. My other thought was whether
the OpenAFS server includes an API which is similar in concept to FUSE
which I could use to publish my filesystem directly to OpenAFS, avoiding
FUSE & kernel VFS altogether. It would mean that I could publish the
file system over OpenAFS, but not over other networked file systems, for
example Samba. However, if the API wasn't too complex, I couldn't see
that being a big problem as I could publish to both APIs if I needed.
Does OpenAFS have such an API?