[OpenAFS] Automatic move of volumes

Mike Polek mike@pictage.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:36:19 -0700

I wrote a couple perl script some time ago to move
volumes between servers. It uses the AFS::VOS
perl interface, and it handles RO volumes. It doesn't
take into account purposely unreleased volumes, as
we don't really do that here. (We use the backup volume
at times for previews and such, but we try to keep
the RW and RO in sync at all times.) I don't think it
handles the issue where there is already a RO on the
target either. Our cell is organized so that wouldn't
really happen.  It uses a support
script that attempts to distribute the volumes evenly
between the destination servers/partitions.

If you would like a copy, contact me off list. Or if
there is sufficient interest, I can publish to the
list. I don't know how many people besides us use
the perl interface.

Thanks,
Mike

--