[OpenAFS] openAFS 1.4.4 - ticket contained unknown key version number

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:17:50 -0500

Hamish <hamish@travellingkiwi.com> wrote:
> Why the heck do I get an unknown key version when trying to do
> anything? I've googled till I'm blue in the face and have only found
> some really really old emails asking questions with no answers... The
> Wiki seems devoid of any info unless it's using kaserver when it
> comes to krb at all...

I suspect that your KeyFile contains an entry where the kvno on the KDC
does not match.  Delete your KeyFile, recreate a keytab and re-run
asetkey (using the proper kvno) to generate a good KeyFile.  Copy this
KeyFile to all of your AFS servers and restart all of them.

<<CDC