[OpenAFS] 1.4.5 SRPMs for rhel4/5

Jason Harper Jason.Harper@asu.edu
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:03:15 -0700

Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2007, at 18:15, Rich Sudlow wrote:
> > I found some source files missing from the FC srpms - I installed
> > the 1.4.4 srpms and then 1.4.5 on top and then it worked fine
> > for me for RH4.
>=20
> That shouldn't be happening, as anything the RPM references in the =20
> SOURCE directory should be packaged. A number of the builds I did =20
> were from a bare rpm build directory too, so I'm surprised I didn't =20
> notice this. Which files were missing?

openafs-kvers-is.sh for one appears to be missing:

# rpmbuild --rebuild --target=3Di686 openafs-1.4.5-fc7.1.src.rpm=20
Installing openafs-1.4.5-fc7.1.src.rpm
warning: user sxw does not exist - using root
warning: user sxw does not exist - using root
warning: user sxw does not exist - using root
warning: user sxw does not exist - using root
Building target platforms: i686
Building for target i686
sh: /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/openafs-kvers-is.sh: No such file or
directory
sh: /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/openafs-kvers-is.sh: No such file or
directory
error: /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/openafs.spec:124: parseExpressionBoolean
returns -1
error: Name field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Version field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Release field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Summary field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Group field must be present in package: (main package)
error: License field must be present in package: (main package)

I took a guess and symlinked that to openafs-kernel-version.sh and then
I get a failed build dependency on kernel-source which I believe has
been replaced by kernel-devel in rhel5.  I then tried adding --nodeps
which resulted in a lot of compiling, but then it ran into other errors
while trying to package up the rpms.

All I'm really trying to do is build the kernel module for the latest
kernel so I can install/use the OpenAFS client.

Jason