[OpenAFS] 1.4.5 SRPMs for rhel4/5

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:13:32 +0000

On 29 Oct 2007, at 19:03, Jason Harper wrote:

> All I'm really trying to do is build the kernel module for the latest
> kernel so I can install/use the OpenAFS client.

The missing file is in src/packaging/RedHat/openafs-kvers-is.sh
directory of the distribution - a quick fix is to just copy it from
there into your SOURCES directory

However, if you're trying to build a new kernel module to go with the
OpenAFS 1.4.5 Fedora or RHEL5 builds, you'll need to build with the
'--define fedorakmod 1' option, in order to build a new 'kmod-*'
style kernel module that's compatible with the rest of the userspace
RPMs. If you do this, you won't need the 'openafs-kvers-is.sh' file.

Cheers,

Simon