[OpenAFS] Client hangs

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:07:18 -0400

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 4:48 PM, David Sonenberg <dsonenberg@strozllc.com> wrote:
> We are currently in the process of migrating from a Samba domain to
>  native Active Directory.  Yesterday we switched the DNS and DHCP over to
>  the AD server.  A handful of users' clients hang for 30-90 seconds when
>  they browse the folder structure.  This is only happening to a handful
>  of users some of which are on logged into the new AD, and some are
>  logged into the old domain.  When they log on as a local user the
>  problem goes away.  It appears to be a problem with the profiles, but I
>  can't figure out what.  Any ideas?

Do you have a network traffic dump from one of those clients?  A
misconfiguration causing a timeout would be the first thing I checked
(e.g., bad addresses in the CellServDB), but seeing the actual network
traffic would show you if the client's were trying to talk to
non-existent systems or perhaps doing something you didn't expect.

Steven