[OpenAFS] strange issue with windows client

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 08:55:53 -0700

------=_Part_19317_30503278.1207670153175

no debug info yet, I'm hoping to avoid that...

Heres the system info.
Windows XP Pro
Openafs 1.5.34
Kerb for windows 3.2

user lisa can go most everyone in afs that she has access to except her home
directory. She can descend paths that are controlled by acls created by me.
User home directories are set at asu.edu/users/#/#/# where # is the first
char, second char, third char of their id. The standard acl on users/#/#/ is
system:anyuser l so this is strange that she is getting any access denial.

We can go to another computer with the same setup as above, and user lisa
can get to her home directory. So we are lead to believe its a cache manager
issue.

So I erase the afscache file, and restarted the client service. No joy, same
error.

So then I went into the control panel afs applet, and set a completely new
path for the afs cache file. Restart afs, no joy, same error.

I'm rather stumped. Any suggestions?

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU

------=_Part_19317_30503278.1207670153175

lisa can go most everyone in afs that she has access to except her home
directory. She can descend paths that are controlled by acls created by
me. User home directories are set at <a>asu.edu/users/#/#/#</a> where
# is the first char, second char, third char of their id. The standard
acl on users/#/#/ is system:anyuser l so this is strange that she is
getting any access denial.<br>