[OpenAFS] maildir on openafs

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:16:27 -0500

David Bear <David.Bear@asu.edu> wrote:
> I seem to distantly recall some discussion about storing maildir
> directories on openafs, but I don't remember if it was safe,
> discouraged, or otherwise problematic. Any one see problems with
> putting maildir in afs?

I've delivered email directly into AFS and it seems to work for a small
number of users.  I understand that problems arise from hosting many
mailboxes and the number of callbacks to clients when files /
directories get updated with new mail.

Do you intend to have an SMTP server write directly to AFS?  Or end-user
run clients write downloaded email into AFS?

<<CDC