[OpenAFS] 1.4.7pre3 client success on EL4&5 - and a question

Stephan Wiesand Stephan.Wiesand@desy.de
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:45:59 +0200 (CEST)

1.4.7pre3 builds, and the client works, for us on SL4 and SL5, i386 and
x86_64.

And here's the question:

We're trying to do something that doesn't work in AFS space under certain
circumstances. We don't know yet what makes it fail or work, but it
consistently either fails or works on any client, and all clients have a
very similar setup.

All clients are SL4, amd64, latest kernel (2.6.9-67.0.7.ELsmp).

The failing procedure is a bit convoluted, and I don't know in every
detail what it's doing. But the part that fails on some clients is that
RPMs get installed, with the RPMDB in AFS, and if it fails we get three
messages "afs: failed to store file (13)" and a wedged RPMDB. And, with
1.4.7pre3 but not 1.4.6, we see two more messages:

WARNING: afs_ufswr vcp=10396e494c0, exOrW=0
WARNING: afs_ufswr vcp=10396e49140, exOrW=0

Any hint what these are about would probably be very helpful.

Thanks,
 	Stephan

PS On SL3, inserting the module from 1.4.7pre3 fails with the message that
hlist_unhashed is GPLONLY. I'll file a bug in RT.

--
Stephan Wiesand
   DESY - DV -