[OpenAFS] any known or suspected issues with google desktop

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:30:16 -0700

------=_Part_5624_4636442.1208208616930

I have now observed on 3 different machines similar looking behavior with
openafs on windows. The symptom is the user is able to browse some or most
of the afs tree. However, there are occasional folders that cause errors
while using windows explorer to browser. The error is the ambigous in that
is specifies that file was not found or the user doesn't have the proper
permissions. We know its not a permissions issue. All systems were windows
xp sp2 plus all criticals up to now. One had openafs v 1.5.20 -- didn't
record the other two, sorry. Furthermore, all systems had google desktop
installed. So, now I'm curious if there are any issues with google desktop.

btw, yes Jeff I will generate debug information on the first system I
observed this on -- I just need the user to give it to me long enough to do
so.

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU

------=_Part_5624_4636442.1208208616930

I have now observed on 3 different machines similar looking behavior with openafs on windows. The symptom is the user is able to browse some or most of the afs tree. However, there are occasional folders that cause errors while using windows explorer to browser. The error is the ambigous in that is specifies that file was not found or the user doesn&#39;t have the proper permissions. We know its not a permissions issue. All systems were windows xp sp2 plus all criticals up to now. One had openafs v 1.5.20 -- didn&#39;t record the other two, sorry. Furthermore, all systems had google desktop installed. So, now I&#39;m curious if there are any issues with google desktop.<br>
602-464-0424

------=_Part_5624_4636442.1208208616930--