[OpenAFS] afs and cron download jobs (will there be a glitch)?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:53:53 -0400

On Apr 16, 2008, at 9:34 , Vladimir Konrad wrote:
> I am thinking of running several data downloads to AFS (scheduled from
> cron) and using the same keytab for all jobs. The jobs can be
> scheduled at the same time (on the same server).
>
> Will there be a window when 2nd download job (while authenticating)
> renders 1st download job (already in progress) without access?

If there were, it would be based on uid, not Kerberos principal.  But
if you run your jobs via pagsh then each job will have its own tokens
(you will need to deal with separating $KRB5CCNAME yourself still, I
think, but that's easy) and will be an independent authentication
domain.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu