[OpenAFS] kernel 2.6.25 and openafs-1.4.7pre3

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:30:28 +0100

On 22 Apr 2008, at 10:16, William Murray wrote:

>   Hello all,
>         I am trying to compile AFS for Fedora 9 pre, with a 2.6.25
> kernel.
>    osi_groups.c:54: error: =E2=80=98struct task_struct=E2=80=99 has no =
member =20
> named
> =E2=80=98parent=E2=80=99
>   This 'parent' member was only inserted last year, but it seems to =20=

> have
> gone.
>    Has anyone already patched for this kernel?

Fedora 9pre and OpenAFS don't currently play well together. Here's a =20
quick summary of where we are:

*) The dependency structure of the kernel RPMs has changed - Derrick =20
has patches for the build system and spec file to fix this
*) struct task_struct doesn't have a 'parent' element. This is due to =20=

a RedHat only patch which gets rid of ptrace. A configure test for =20
this is now in CVS
*) rcu_lock_map is no longer exported, so we have to use a weak =20
reference to determine key_type_keyring. A fix for this is in CVS
*) Setting tokens crashes. gcc seems to miscompile the picotl =20
handling code, possibly due to the lack of prototypes. I have a patch =20=

which prototypes the relevant code, and gets this working again
*) Occasionally, the root vnode seems to have a corrupt pointer to =20
the Access structure. As yet, unfixed.
*) Locks seem to be being left dangling, such that ls /afs will only =20
run once. Again, I'm still investigating this.

Cheers,

Simon.