[OpenAFS] scp on afs

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:33:32 -0500

TIARA System Man wrote:
> dear all,
>
> i just found out. i can not copy files via scp command to afs folder.
> i tried to copy xxx.tar.gz from foo (pc) to bar (pc). but nothing copy
> to bar.
>
> you can see the following result:
>
> [root@foo ~]# scp xxx.tar.gz sysman@bar:~/Desktop/
> sysman@bar's password:
> Welcome to Linux!
> [root@foo ~]#
>
> dose anyone know this issue?

You need an AFS token on the server side.

scp uses SSH. You in effect logged in to the remote host
using a password, which I assume is a local password.

If you have Kerberos 5 at your shop, SSH and SSHD could be
configured to use GSSAPI and can forward Kerberos tickets
which can be used by SSHD with pam_afs_session to get a AFS
token for you.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory