[OpenAFS] Incremental backups

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:36:50 -0400 (EDT)

Have you tested it with plain "vos dump" (not TiBs synthetic backups)?

If what you say is true, great!, although it disagrees with the docs that I
was reading. From the "vos dump" section of the Admin Reference:

--begin quote--

The following command writes a full dump of the volume user.terry to the
file /afs/abc.com/common/dumps/terry.dump.

  % vos dump -id user.terry -time 0 -file /afs/abc.com/common/dumps/terry.dump

The following command writes an incremental dump of the volume user.smith
to the file smith.990131.dump in the current working directory. Only those
files in the volume with modification time stamps later than 6:00 p.m. on
31 January 1999 are included in the dump.

    % vos dump -id user.smith -time "01/31/1999 18:00" -file smith.990131.dump

--endquote--

This wouldn't be the first case of the OpenAFS docs being incorrect or
outdated...

Cheers, Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator                                            P A N I C

The purpose of the icons, the purpose of the entire OS X look and feel, is
to keep the customer happy during that critical period between the time of
sale and the time the check clears.