[OpenAFS] Communication errors on volume operations

Bryn Divey bryn@bengueladev.com
Fri, 05 Dec 2008 14:53:47 +0200

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 16:17 -0500, Derrick Brashear wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Matt Benjamin <matt@linuxbox.com>
> wrote:
>         Hi Bryn,
>
>         Is this a DAFS file server?  If so, then probably a known
>         behavior, although I'm not certain it should be seen in 1.5.55
>         (Tom?)   As you imply, the volume can in that case be salvaged
>         and then brought on-line (bos salvage -forceDAFS).
>
> It's not fixed in 1.5.55, and while the DAFS changes caused it it
> happens in the non-DAFS case also ATM.

Thanks for the replies.

No, this isn't a DAFS server. As you've said, the salvage fixes it - I
wanted to confirm that it's a known issue, as I couldn't find it in the
tracker.

On another note, does anyone know what the status around stable
read-write disconnect is? Might it make 1.6? What is the proposed
release timeline?

Thanks again,
Bryn