[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-info] hard to setup my first Cell

Felix Frank Felix.Frank@Desy.de
Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:59:44 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, zhu shi song wrote:

> I have tried for several days, I still can't setup my first test Cell.
> I have setup kerberos following the steps written in document "Creating a New Cell on Fedora".  I'm using Fedora 9 and openafs 1.5.55. The error message is:

You may have better look with the stable version 1.4.8

> # bosserver -noauth
> # bos setcellname testafs testafs -noauth
> bos: failed to set cell (you are not authorized for this operation)

Before starting bosserver, make sure that no other instance of bosserver
(without -noauth) is already running, e.g. "ps auxw | grep bosserver".
Kill that process if necessary.

Alternatively, you can try setting up kerberos authentication first.
You can then add an admin account to the server's UserList file and
get tokens for that account. -noauth should no longer be necessary then.

> please help
> tks
> zhu

I'm CC-ing openafs-info, as this is not at all a development related issue.