[OpenAFS] user-visible change suggestion for fs setacl

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:20:06 +0000

On 17 Dec 2008, at 09:02, Felix Frank wrote:
> In all, with ACLs having one degree of higher complexity than unix
> permissions, there probably is no way to make this syntax 100%
> intuitively akin to chmod's.
> Thus, the original proposal to use postfix +/- might communicate the
> distinction?

Personally, I'd prefer to not permit the use of the +/- syntax with
negative ACLs, rather than open this whole can of worms. In
particular, I'm not sure that the pre/post fix question is sufficient
to communicate any distinction to the user - ultimately, it's just
syntactic sugar.

S.