[OpenAFS] AFS without Kerberos headache

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Sun, 21 Dec 2008 13:00:09 -0500

On 2008 Dec 21, at 12:13, Georg P. Israel wrote:
> AFS seems to do this in a good way, but Kerberos is a constant
> annoyance
> to it. I do have machines that generate simulation data and have to
> work
> for weeks. If I like to do this with the current OpenAFS setup, I'll
> have to log in once a day and refresh the damn Kerberos token :-(.
>
> Hence, is there a way to disable this Kerberos time out??

Strictly speaking, no. You can however use kstart or Heimdal's kinit
to start a process whose tickets and tokens will be renewed as needed
until the process finishes.  For more complicated processes, you can
use a backgrounded shell loop to renew tickets periodically from a
keytab.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu