[OpenAFS] Feedback on possible workshop topics

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:15:39 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I would like to present at the openafs workshop this may, but I'm having
trouble coming up with what to present. I have several ideas, but I'm
not sure if they have enough meat to make a presentation. I welcome
anyone's feedback on the matter.

Bio: I am the Linux & solaris Admin for an engineering college within a
major university. I'm also the AFS guru.

stuff I've done and ideas for presentations:
* using kickstart, AFS, yum, and cfengine to manage RHEL5 linux machines
which encompass workstations and vmware (GSX) servers. -- I could go on
about this, but it's not focused on AFS
* overcame performance issues with using AFS with a fibre channel array
on solaris
* I've made many updates to the man pages
* state of the documentation -- That's probably more along Russ' area.
* our stats on freshmeat.net and what I've been doing with it.
* wrote a Mac OS X panic decoding script for Derrick to help with AFS
development
* ideas for automated AFS testing
* vmware player NAT issues with afs.

( so many ideas, so little time )

Any requests or suggestions are welcome.

Sincerely,
Jason