[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on windows - profile in AFS, who uses it?

Anders Magnusson ragge@dc.ltu.se
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:29:45 +0100

Lars Schimmer skrev:

> Lars Schimmer wrote:
>  =20
>> HI!
>>
>> Just out of interest:
>> which site (beside our cell) is using OpenAFS as filestore for Windows
>> Profile and customers working on this?
>>    =20
>
> Good to see we are not the only cell working with profiles in AFS space.
> We use 1.4.6 linux servers, Win XP SP2 and at least 1.5.27 OpenAFS
> Windows clients.
> So far it works mostly.
> Biggest problems:
>
> 1. slowness - Users reports of LONG loading times for 400-1000 MB
> roaming profiles, up to 20 minutes
>  =20
Hm, IMHO you may consider redirecting parts of the roaming profile if=20
you have
that size of the profile. Also, be sure you tweak the size of the local=20
cache, we tested
with 300MB in profiles (16000 files) and it was really slow if we did=20
not increase the
cache sizes to be larger than that.  After that the login times were=20
reasonable.

-- Ragge