[OpenAFS] Re: In the RPM spec file, what is the goal of the special fedora option?

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 00:30:57 -0500

> If installing atrpms-rpm-config for building openafs-kmdls seems too
> much of a dependency, why not just cut out the needed macros from
> there and bundle them with openafs' upstream src.rpm?

Limited value?

> Note that the next generetion kmdl setup will add even more value by
>
> o not needing any plugin for any of yum/apt/smart/any other depsolver
>   now or in the future
> o dkms like support that will build kmdls during kernel rpm
>   installation time (contrary to boot time)

I bet I could add that trivially with a postinstall script. The only
question would be how to make it optional, or if that's even worth
bothering with.