[OpenAFS] Problems using openafs-1.4.6 client on AMD64 architecture

Dominik Juergens d.juergens@tu-bs.de
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:42:12 +0100

I have heavy problems getting openafs (v1.4.6) to work in our
environment. I use linux kernel 2.6.23.xx ( tested some ) but when I
start the client I can not see all directories:

ls /afs

drwxrwxrwx  3 root   root 2048 2007-09-03 14:04 .tu-bs.de
?---------  ? ?      ?       ?                ? tu-bs.de

[...]

and when I want to change directory into /afs/tu-bs.de, I get:

cd: tu-bs.de: No such device

I would have suggested, that the problem is in the environment, but when
I compile exactly the same combination of module and kernel as i386
version everything is fine.

I hope anybody can help me or can give me a working combination, it is a
'productive' machine which is down at the moment ...

Thanks a lot for your help,

Dominik