[OpenAFS] Perl-AFS and Kerberos 5

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:44:03 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to write a script that allows me to comfortably create users, but
have a small problem with authenticating to AFS:  I want the script to
prompt for a password and then obtain a Krb5 token and log on the AFS using
these.  I can obtain the Krb5 token with the Authen::Krb5 module, but
cannot find a way to use these with AFS.

If I understand the source for aklog right, I should pass it to
ktc_SetToken.  This function is available from the Perl module, but I don't
know how to convert the Kerberos token.

I guess I can work around this by using kinit/aklog before running the
script, but then I would still need to enter the password again to get a
token for the kadmin service.

Is there some way to use the ktc_SetToken function with Kerberos5 tickets
from Perl, or some other way to achieve my goal?

Regards,
Ansgar