[OpenAFS] AFS service may not have started

ENEM | Hans Melgers hans@enem.nl
Mon, 07 Jul 2008 16:24:23 +0200

Any news on this one ? I just saw it too on my xp machine.

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org=
] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Altman
Sent: woensdag 2 juli 2008 6:45
To: Michal Ryb=E1rik
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] AFS service may not have started

Michal Ryb=E1rik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> AFS client running on Windows XP suddenly stopped to work. After a
> weeks I still can't find a reason why. I upgraded to the newest
> version, checked all setting, googled a lot, but nothing helped. This
> is a output from tokens.exe :
>

> C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Client\Program>tokens.exe
>
> Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
>
> pioctl CreateFile(\\afs\all\_._AFS_IOCTL_._) failed: 0x7B
>        [The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorr
> ] pioctl Explorer logon user: [pichal] pioctl
> WNetAddConnection2(\\afs,pichal) failed: 0x52E pioctl
> WNetAddConnection2(\\afs\all,pichal) failed: 0x52E pioctl
> SamCompatible logon user: [MONEY\pichal] pioctl
> WNetAddConnection2(\\afs,MONEY\pichal) failed: 0x52E pioctl
> WNetAddConnection2(\\afs\all,MONEY\pichal) failed: 0x52E AFS device
> may not have started
>

> Thanks,
> Michal

Has the service started?  What are the contents of the afsd_init.log file?

Is "AFS" registered as a service name according to "nbtstat -n"?

Note that 0x52E is Logon Failure.  unknown user name or bad password.
How are you logging on to the workstation?  Are you using a method that
does not make use of a password?   Is NTLM disabled on the machine?