[OpenAFS] Kernel panics, openafs 1.4.7 rhel/centos 5

Miles Davis miles@cs.stanford.edu
Wed, 09 Jul 2008 14:27:43 -0700

I'm sending this out before I have complete information, thinking somebody may
recognize the problem and cut me off.

CentOS 5, tested on kernels 2.6.18-53.1.21.el5 and 2.6.18-53.1.13.el5 (patched
for lustre, testing originals now).

Kernel panic while "accessing lots of files." E.g., du -s * on a large volume.
Happens with memcache or disk cache

I need to capture a complete stack trace, but wrote this partial one down last
night:

do_lookup
__link_path_walk
generic_file_llseek
current_fs_time
:openafs:afs_access
__mark_inode_dirty
do_path_lookup
getname
__user_walk_fd
vfs_lstat_fd

crash was in afs_FlushVCache

I'll collect something more complete info soon. Seems to be easily reproducible.

--
// Miles Davis - miles@cs.stanford.edu - http://www.cs.stanford.edu/~miles
// Computer Science Department - Computer Facilities