[OpenAFS] Newbie question.

Max Lock Max.Lock@datanet.co.uk
Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:25:13 +0100

--=-CElW56n181jh/w4W1q8Q

Hi Folks,

 I'm very near completing my first openafs setup. I've installed the MIT
kerberos 5 service and the openafs service on seperate debian machines,
as I plan to add extra AFS cells in the near future. having looked at
two howto's..

 * http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openafs.xml
 * http://www.scode.org/afs/openafs-install.txt

 I'm able to obtain kerberos keys on a client just fine. However I'm
unsure how to 'link' openafs and kerberos together. Both howto's assume
a single server is running both systems and use asetkey to copy a
kerberos key into afs (asetkey add <n> /etc/krb5.keytab afs) so I copied
over the keytab file from the kerberos server to complete this step. Was
this correct?

 -Cheers Max.

--=-CElW56n181jh/w4W1q8Q

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
<TD>
<BR>
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
Hi Folks,<BR>
<BR>
 I'm very near completing my first openafs setup. I've installed the MIT kerberos 5 service and the openafs service on seperate debian machines, as I plan to add extra AFS cells in the near future. having looked at two howto's..<BR>
<BR>
 * <A HREF="http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openafs.xml">http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openafs.xml</A><BR>
 * <A HREF="http://www.scode.org/afs/openafs-install.txt">http://www.scode.org/afs/openafs-install.txt</A><BR>
<BR>
 I'm able to obtain kerberos keys on a client just fine. However I'm unsure how to 'link' openafs and kerberos together. Both howto's assume a single server is running both systems and use asetkey to copy a kerberos key into afs (asetkey add &lt;n&gt; /etc/krb5.keytab afs) so I copied over the keytab file from the kerberos server to complete this step. Was this correct? <BR>
<BR>
 -Cheers Max.
</BODY>
</HTML>