[OpenAFS] 'vos' command dos not finish, file service works ok (sort of)

Andreas Hirczy ahi@itp.tugraz.at
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:40:01 +0200

Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> writes:

> My guess is your vldb is "read only" which prevents any vldb changes,
> including starting new fileservers who want to register their address.
> I don't know why it is like that or how it got there, but while it is
> like that nothing will change.

I am going to destroy the DB server and make a new DB server with the same
address on some other server machine to clean things up a bit.

Just destroyed the mixed file server - db server setup. Now the file server
starts and does not block any more. Il lett these stabilie a biot before i
set up a new third DB server and restart eperiments with vos commands.

Thanks,
Andreas

--
Andreas Hirczy <ahi@itp.tugraz.at>                   http://itp.tugraz.at/~ahi/
Graz University of Technology                        phone: +43/316/873-   8190