[OpenAFS] Cross compile for ARM using Debian

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sun, 27 Jul 2008 10:27:07 -0400

Armin Burchardt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a Buffalo Linkstation Pro Duo (armv5tej) and struggle to
> cross compile the cvs version for it to use it as a fileserver.
> (1.5.50a's configure could not get the size for time_t).
>
> How should i run ./configure? Something else missing?
> "./configure --prefix=/usr/local/openafs --host=arm-linux-gnu
> --with-afs-sysname=arm_linux26; make" resulted in
> undefined references to `savecontext' and `returnto'.
>
> Armin (running Debian lenny on build-host)

configure doesn't always deal well with cross-compiling. You have two
options, run a native compile on the linkstation or install scratcnbox
from http://www.scratchbox.org/ and use that. The trick is to make sure
that you have the right rootstrap and toolchain. Check with the vendor
to see if there is an SDK that contains these.

FYI, I have been doing cross-compiles of OpenAFS in scratchbox for the
N8x0 tables which are armel.

Jason