[OpenAFS] Serious trouble, mounting /afs, ptserver, database rebuilding

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:04:40 +0200 (CEST)

>    While more redundancy (i.e. a third database server) is always a
>    good idea, it is not strictly necessary, much less 'a bad idea to
>    run with two database servers'.

Agree. The host with the lowest IP gets an extra half vote, so there is never a draw.

But back to your problem. I would tackle it like that: Set up a new DB
host. Wait for it to replicate. Check that replica is OK. (1) Shoot
original down. Erase database on original. Take first one up again and
let it replicate back.

Harald.

(1) If the error replicates we have another problem, but let's first try this, ok?