[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Client login via KDM

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Sun, 1 Jun 2008 15:25:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Ralf Hornik Mailings wrote:

> KDM, WDM they all have the same problem. After successfully login, the
> desktop manager is resetted (back to login prompt). With, or without
> permission denied"

I am using KDM with AFS on Debian Etch successfully. We took the low road
and used pam_afs.so from libpam-openafs-kaserver. I know (at least some of)
the problems with this, but it still "just works" for me (using fakeka).
Looking at this again was on my to-do list, but it's lower priority than
the things that don't "just work".

FWIW, I tried something similar to the reported pam setup, using pam_krb5,
a few months back and ran into similar problems; I thought it was something
I was doing wrong, but am glad to see it's not just me.

Anyway, hopefully this report will help someone figure out where the
problem lies and report back.

Cheers, Stephen