[OpenAFS] kerberos 5 and afs server

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:28:58 -0500

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH <allbery@ece.cmu.edu> wrote:
> On 2008 May 22, at 7:31, Lara Lloret Iglesias wrote:
>> I installed a kerberos server in both machines, but maybe I just
>> have to install it in one of the machines and copy somehow the
>> configuration to the other servers...I don't know what do I have to
>> do actually. Each server on the cell needs its own kerberos server?
>> If not how do I do it?
>
> You only need one Kerberos server, as long as it's named like the cell
> (but uppercase) and there is a krb5.conf  or SRV records for it then
> AFS will find it.

Each AFS server needs the same copy of the KeyFile.  I suspect that you
re-extracted a new KeyFile on a new server and broke the existing one.
But perhaps not.

If you can join #openafs on the Freenode IRC network various smart
people can figure out what is going on and help you fix things or answer
further questions.

<<CDC