[OpenAFS] iSCSI disk in vos listaddr

Andrew Bacchi bacchi@rpi.edu
Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:34:42 -0400

Hello all,

I've added some new fileservers to the cell recently that use iSCSI disk
for vicepX partitions.  We've noticed the named disks listed in
listaddr, and I have one report of a Mac client trying to hit it as a
fileserver.

Here's the 'vos listaddr' output.  Redundant paths on each server is the
reason for the iscsi0, and iscsi1 names.

afsfs12.server.rpi.edu
afsfs12-iscsi0.iscsi.rpi.edu
afsfs12-iscsi1.iscsi.rpi.edu
afsfs13.server.rpi.edu
afsfs13-iscsi0.iscsi.rpi.edu

My questions are:

Since they are listed in the VLDB, will clients try hitting them?

If I remove them with 'vos changeaddr -remove'  will they be relisted
somehow?  Will they return?

Can we avoid listing them upon initial build of the fileserver?

veritatas simplex oratio est
        -Seneca

Andrew Bacchi
Systems Programmer