[OpenAFS] iSCSI disk in vos listaddr

Chaskiel Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 00:09:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Andrew Bacchi wrote:

> After adding the NetRestrict file and waiting for a scheduled fileserver
> restart, the two interface addresses are still listed in the VLDB.  I suppose
> this is normal, since I did not explicitly issue a 'vos changeaddr -remove'.
That should not be needed. If the netrestrict file was correct, and the
fileserver actually restarted, it should have corrected the addresses in
the vldb.

Can we see your NetRestrict file and the FileLog? Are you sure the
netrestrict file is in the right place? (/usr/afs/local or equivalent, NOT
/usr/afs/etc where CellServDB/ThisCell/KeyFile/Userlist are)

> The only way I can see to make it happen is to move all 5K volumes to another
> server, remove the listing from the VLDB and return the volumes.  Does anyone
> else have a suggestion on how to safely remove these addresses?  Or am I
> overlooking something?
If you do this (or the delentry trick) and the fileserver isn't
correctly configured yet, the bad addresses will just come back.