[OpenAFS] Basic OpenAFS questions

outsider aonsen@gmail.com
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 14:43:21 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the replies guys.
I don't think openAFS is what I'm looking for.
Well, maybe I should express what I am looking for, in hopes someone can
suggest an alternative.

- join multiple pre-formated (with the FS of my choosing) partitions on the
same machine (on different sized drives) into one large accessible space.
- If one drive dies, only the data on that drive is lost. All other data
remains.
- If I pull one drive/parttion out, it should be accessible like a regular
partition on another system. (this means that the original FS is not
modified, and remains accessible when the drive is removed)

I know there's JBOD. What I 'm looking for is kinda like that, but not
exactly.

Prefer if this was linux based, but will take any OS.