[OpenAFS] A hearty thanks to all OpenAFS developers -- especially Jeff, Derrick & crew

Kim Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:41:23 -0700

<head>
</head>
chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">In message <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:47C5CED6.7080500@rampaginggeek.com">&lt;47C5CED6.7080500@rampaginggeek.com&gt;</a>,Jason Edgecombe writes:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">A vendor just brushed me off because I'm having problems and on a
non-supported Linux distribution, RHEL5.  They want me to downgrade to
RHEL4, which is supported. Hello?! RHEL5 has been out for a year! Don't
you realize that I'm essentially giving you free help to make your
product work on the next version of the OS?! What the frak did we pay
support for?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
did they say: "can you make a business case for it?"  that's my favorite
brush-off at the moment.
  </pre>
Especially when you're making a business case for "could it please not
panic the host/eat my CPU/clobber my network/ ..."<br>