[OpenAFS] Documentation to install openAFS in NokiaN800

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sat, 15 Mar 2008 10:27:47 -0400

Alejandro Gutierrez wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am currently interested in installing the openAFS in the NokiaN800.  Does anyone know where I can find information on how to do that?  Any documentation?

There is no documentation for that at this time because we're still
working on getting the packages working, but you're welcome to help us
work on it. ;)

Derrick and I are working on openafs for the N8X0, but it's still a work
in progress. Derrick has an N810 and I have an N800 which I upgraded to
OS2008.

The end goal is to have packages for the N8X0 that can be installed
using the application manager. I've downloaded the kerberos and openafs
packages from debian and tried to build them with no success.

I have had success with compiling kerberos (without apps) and openafs
from source. I still have to compile openafs with kerberos support, but
I can send you a tarball of openafs with only klog support without the
startup scripts.

FYI, you must use the 1.4  stable branch of CVS to compile for the N8X0.

I'd like to co-present with Derrick at the OpenAFS Workshop this May
about OpenAFS on the N8X0.

We'll announce on the list when we have something more polished.

BTW, all of this is for the client. Nobody has tried to run a fileserver
on an N8X0...yet.  ;)

Sincerely,
Jason