[OpenAFS] AFS namei file servers, SAN, any issues elsewhere? We've had some. Can AFS _cause_ SAN issues?

Kim Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:34:53 -0600

<head>
</head>
Thanks Russ.<br>
I expected as much when I saw your posting from 2005 in answer to a
similar question.<br>
This is a great data point for me.<br>
Kim<br>
Russ Allbery wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Kim Kimball <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:dhk@ccre.com">&lt;dhk@ccre.com&gt;</a> writes:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">We're using Hitachi USP and Hitachi 9585 SAN devices, and have had a
series of incidents that, after two years of success, significantly
affected AFS reliability for a period of six months.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any issues using SANs for vice
partitions.

Also, to make a long story short, I've been asked by my management to
determine if AFS itself can cause SANs to misbehave.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
We've been running AFS on EMC and Nexsan SANs for years now without any
trouble.

  </pre>