[OpenAFS] groups in groups, ptsviewers etc...

Anders Magnusson ragge@dc.ltu.se
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:00:15 +0100

Christopher D. Clausen skrev:
>> % pts listentries -groups seems to require that the user belongs to
>> system:administrators.
>>

> I don't think you realize just how many groups there are in some cells.
> Enumerating all of them is not useful in many cases.
>
> Most users are probably fine just checking on their own group membership
> and using these groups to allow access to files.  pts mem <username>
> will list the groups that a user is in.  And pts listowned <username>
> will list the groups that a particular users "owns."

What I am thinking on is letting people give access to groups that they
are not member of.
For example to let a teacher give and take rights for courses he gives;
we have about 20k
of (auto-generated) student groups so it's good to be able to list them
to find the right group :-)

-- Ragge